Flowers Fade... One Woman's Walk through the Word

12.26.2010

Eagerly Awaiting Him

And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.
- Hebrews 9:27-28

I've been meditating on this verse for the past week. I love the last part (not that I don't love the first part about Christ offering his life for us). Christ will appear again to save those who eagerly wait for him. As this year long journey through the Bible draws to a close, I can honestly say that I await Christ more eagerly than I ever have before. As we know Christ more, we love him more, and the more we love someone the more we long to see them and enjoy their company. Although I commune with Christ daily, I eagerly wait for the day I will see him face to face.

1 comment:

  1. I too love the "eagerly waiting" a great perspective to have!

    ReplyDelete