Flowers Fade... One Woman's Walk through the Word

3.18.2011

Something new...

I am going to break away from the usual purely Scripture focused posting and share a few blog postings that have been a great encouragment to me lately.

I have a million things to share from my own reading of Philippians combined with the Matt Chandler "Philippians" video series that we are going through with our Missional Community (is he okay with the fact that I call him "Matty C" and get excited that he slams us with convicting truth and application week after week?), but first I want to share these links with you. Plus, I have found that reading Christian blogs by amazing and faithful men and women STIRS my own affections for Christ (which is something Matty C. told us to search for in our own lives... what stirs your affections for Christ?). AND in Philippians, Paul tells us to "join in imitating me, and keep your eyes on those who walk according to the example you have in us" (Phil 3:17). The writers of these blogs are awesome Christian leaders to imitate...

First, thoughts on rest by Bob Glenn, one of the pastors who contributes to Desiring God. I have been struggling to truly rest lately and this was very convicting and encouraging.

Secondly, Carolyn Mahaney and her daughters have just started a series on biblical marriage over at their blog, Girl Talk. These two posts have encouraged me quite a bit as a newlywed. This first posting is a great reminder that God loves marriage (after all, it's the analogy He chose to describe the love of His Son for His church), and He is constantly at work in my own marriage, even when it doesn't feel like it. In this second posting, Carolyn reminds me that the world's ideal for marriage, and probably even my own sinful ideal for marriage, does not match up with God's plan for my marriage. She encourages me to read the Bible with a sense of humility and an eagerness to bring my marriage before the Lord and ask HIM how he wants to shape me into a Godly wife. It's not about me. It's  not about Micah. It's about God's glory.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment