Flowers Fade... One Woman's Walk through the Word

1.09.2010

The year ahead...

In the fall, I felt convicted I needed to step up my quiet times with the Lord in the coming year. I decided that starting in January I would once again go through a chronological Bible to help me spend solid time with God each day. Although I feel like I grew in discipline (by God' grace only) over the past year, by consistently having quiet times in the morning instead of the evening, I knew I need to increase the length of time I was spending in the Word, as well as focus more on STUDYING of the Word, and not just reading it to read it.


Enter the ESV Study Bible, which my sweet friend Kristin gave me for my birthday back in September. I decided that when January arrived, I would go through the daily reading plan from the Chronological Bible, but actually read the passages from the Study Bible in order to study and learn through the amazing footnotes. I would also listen to the same passages on CD on my way to work. And I decided I would blog about my readings to hold me accountable for processing and writing about what I'm reading. I have never really had a blog before, but no one can hold me accounatable for what I write (or don't write) in my journal, so I figure I would try it.


So here we are. I am a week in and let me just say, I need grace. Before I started, I thought I would be able to actually read the passages twice a day - from the ESV in the morning and again from the Chronological at night. On about day one, I realized I was probably pretty prideful to think I could even manage that. I took a step back - and my goal is to read in the morning, listen to the same passages on CD on my morning commute, and then try to blog at least once a week. Pray for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment